Wednesday 13 August 2008

Ladies also prefer blondes



Lying on my bed now,thinking about a girl I met in Brooklyn. Very pretty blonde, slim legs, boyish figure. She's playing with a milk shake, her lips pink and slightly apart. I'm sitting on the bench across from her in this deserted diner. It's three am and we're still awake in the city that never sleeps.

I take off my shoes and start stroking her legs with my bare feet. Alison, that's her name, just smiles and sips her drink slowly.The place is sure deserted, only a fat bar tender watching the sport channel. Alison puts a hand over her mouth to stifle a laugh.I can't tell you what a sublime moment this is. Very slowly she removes her panties and kicks them across the linoleum floor towards me. Her large blue eyes are gazing at me, a wicked smirk on her lips. The guy at the bar is coming over, he looks annoyed. He glances down at my cleavage and leans toward me. Quietly he asks if either of us would like a little action, out the back.We both giggle, then Alison picks up her bag and we start to leave.Never did finish that milk shake.

Alison lives only three blocks from the diner, so I crash out at her place. Her apartment is small and, like its owner, beautiful but also a little unkempt. It reminds me of the period I spent in the Paris commune.

I tell Alison it's now too late to sleep, and suggest we might as well watch the dawn rising over the city. Early morning is my favourite time. Alison makes some strong coffee and we wait. The talk, naturally, comes round to the stalker – with whom we are both acquainted.

It turns out Saul had a thing for Alison last summer, and they hung out together at this abandoned beach house. For a while it was fine, but she says he got a little weird. Intense, was her word for him. She was over him now though, and dating again, though nothing serious. I tell her she's the most beautiful girl I've seen in New York, and she smiles.
That’s what he said as well, but then, he says that to every girl he meets. I’ll bet he even said it to you.
Something like that, yeah.
Just be careful, is all I’ll say.
I can look after myself, I tell her.

What I don't tell Alison is that right at that moment, in the early morning light, I feel like making love to her slowly in the unmade bed behind us. But it would probably spoil the moment. Instead, I smile at her, and she smiles back, and we high five as dawn opens a new day in Brooklyn.

I might be falling for this girl, and it gives me a knot in the stomach. Still, I kept her underwear, and I’m wearing it right now. So I did get inside her pants, after all.

No comments: