Monday 7 April 2008

bonjour

bonjour.

Welcome to my world.
Its talking in the dark, poems in the dark, many things.

Its author - a mysterious enigmatic creature known only as sandrine

Many people and events have influenced this blog.
Above all its been inspired by an english gentleman - a confidant and friend. Despite our never having met in the flesh.
It was you that encouraged me to become a blogger - or should that be bloggette?
You know who you are.

Its main purpose is to get my poetry online - in lieu of finding a publisher - this is tres difficile!
Also to let off steam, I guess. Let me friends know im still out here.

Maybe not many people will get to read this. Thats okay. I'm not into world domination.
But I'd like to reach out and touch somebody with poetry. Even just one person. Its a start.
Life can be lonely for the tortured artist.

I haven't always been a poetess. It began after the tragic death of my parents. This was in my early teens.
I guess at first it was my way of voicing anger at the world, for depriving me of my family.

You could say im not religious. But then, i've good reason for not believing. Unlike my friend Helene, who comes from a strong catholic background. It didnt stop her sleeping with a married man quite recently. She wont mind me saying this, I know.

The blog is also about the place I live, in the midi. Deep in the arriere pays, lost in provence. No-one will find me here, which suits me fine. The tranquility helps me to work.

My host is the svengali-like figure of E.
He's been many things to me over the years - teacher, guardian, guide, lover, brother etc. He'd probably be horrified to read this. its a risk i have to take, for my own reasons.

To understand where im coming from its necessary to go back to the beginning. For me, it all goes back to the accident - or was it? - that orphaned me.

Last year I was admitted to a psychiatric hospital. This was in la suisse, where they are experts. My shrink's name is Gerhard. he still keeps in touch. I'll never be totally cured of my condition, the trauma was too great. But he suggested that writing would be cathartic.

This blog is part of my solution.

2 comments:

david russell said...

your blog is a poem! Well done! See if you get this. Have a look at La Belle Strasbourgoise on my blog. Now back to my diary. Love Poliphilus

david russell said...

I just got back to France. I couldn't read your blog in Gozo. You write so well: the story of your father. You must go to USA one day, I lived there 6 months, mainly with Italian people. Of all classes...and types! I'm flattered by your remarks. I love your style. I would like to see you swimming like a fish without scales.
My memoirs are not so well written as yours...more stuffy, but it will liven up lkater!¬ Tomorrow I'll send you some photos. Kisses from Poliphilus